About "Vasco da Gama Pillar"
Located on the sea front road along the beach, this historical monument dates back the 14th, century. It was built by one of the greatest Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama in 1498. The pillar was first erected at the sheiks house but later removed and re erected where it is today. The pillar and the cross are both made from original Portuguese limestone material. The monument has become the most renown attraction site for both local and international tourists visiting Malindi.
Malindi, Kenya, Kilifi County